Wednesday 9 August 2017

Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde





Allie and Bea is a tour de force.  Fabulous story, fabulous eccentric characters.    I haven't quite decided that this one will make it into my Top 20 but it's right up there.

I agree with the review in The Book Bag that you should 'prepare yourself for an emotional ride down a bumpy road, but know that it's a ride well worth taking.
                                
I'm not going to spoil the story for you.  Allie is a young teenage girl whose parents get arrested.  Bea is an old feisty lady that circumstances have forced her to live in a van.

This is the first book by Catherine Ryan Hyde that I've read.  I'm blown away by how many books she has had published and will be reading more.

5 comments:

  1. I may add this to my reading list. I don't think that I have ever read anything by here either.




    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing good things about this book.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently added this book to my ever growing reading wishlist. I'm glad you've read and reviewed this book and loved it. I look forward to reading it down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an update, I'm currently listening to the unabridged audio version of this novel. I'm about 27% into it and am enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished reading Allie and Bea. Here's a link to my review of it: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/09/allie-and-bea-by-catherine-ryan-hyde.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers