Tuesday 1 August 2017

Tic Tac Toe Toasties - simply revisited



Carole's Chatter: Tic Tac Toe Toasties - simply revisited


These toasties were simple to do and made a nice lunch.  I think it would be appealing to kids too.

All you do is cut squares of 2 different coloured cheeses.  Originally I was aiming to have an orange coloured one and a yellow one but the only darker one I could find in the supermarket was a smoked cheddar.

Carole's Chatter: Tic Tac Toe Toasties - simply revisited

Because I made a pattern with 9 squares of cheese on each piece of bread I called this dish Tic Tac Toe Toasties.  But you could make any sort of pattern you liked.

Not only did these turn out to be nice looking, they ate well too!  And were fun to do. 

Now onto August's Blog of the Month.  Christoph runs this month's Blog of the Month – James & Everett.  This is a very accomplished food blog with a wide range of recipes – and consistently good food photography.  Recipes I have enjoyed include – Spicy Pickled Sausages, Grasshopper Brownies and  Banana Layer Cake with Vanilla Frosting

1 comment:

  1. How fun! How do you melt the cheese? In the oven? Under the broiler?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers